The Annual Wellness Visit is a yearly appointment with your primary care provider to create or update a personalized prevention plan. This plan may help prevent illness based on your current health and risk factors.
*Additional Costs may apply for any procedure outside of coverage.
Medicare Part B covers the Annual Wellness Visit (AWV) if you have had Part B for over 12 months and, you have not received an AWV in the past 12 months. Everyone covered under Medicare part B is entitled to a Welcome to Medicare preventive visit within the first 12 months. After the initial visit, each patient is covered for an Annual Wellness visit every 12 months. Both visits are covered %100 by Medicare.
During your first Annual Wellness Visit, your PCP will develop your personalized prevention plan. Your PCP may also:
- Check your height, weight, blood pressure, and other routine measurements
- Give you a health risk assessment
- Review your functional ability and level of safety
- Learn about your medical and family history
- Make a list of your current providers and medications
- Create a written 5-10 year screening schedule or check-list
- Screen for cognitive impairment
- Screen for depression
- Provide health advice and referrals to health education and/or preventive counseling service
Each year when you return for your AWV your doctor should update the information from the previous year and provide further advice.
Schedule your visit at your nearest Terry Reilly clinic today!