A message from our Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Baron
Stay informed and up-to-date regarding coronavirus or COVID-19. Here’s what you can do to protect yourself and your loved ones:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. Or sneeze into your elbow. Avoid using your hands to cover your cough or sneeze
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Symptoms of coronavirus have included fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath. These same symptoms may also be seen in a number of other illnesses. Please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html to learn more.
If you have general questions about coronavirus in Idaho, please call your local health district (numbers below) or click here to learn more about coronavirus in Idaho.
Southwest District Health: 208-455-5411
Central District Health: 208-321-2222
Coronavirus Resource Center: click here to learn more.
Coping with Stress? Click here to read tips on how to handle stress during the 2019 COVID outbreak.
The Governor of Idaho has issued a state wide “stay home order.” For complete details, click here.